About the Role:
We are looking for a Software Engineer passionate about databases and excited about building data systems running vast amounts of servers worldwide. The core systems development position is where you will grow to own the design and development of significant system software components. In addition, you will be part of the team that architects and implements highly scalable distributed data systems that provide availability, reliability, and performance guarantees.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Go, Java or Kotlin
- Experience building scalable distributed and robust systems
- Experience with distributed databases and/or storage systems
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
Nice to have:
- Database engine internals (storage): indexing, access methods, concurrency control, logging, caching, transaction processing, replication, backup restore, buffer management
- Database engine internals (query processing): query compilation, optimization, execution, parallel execution
- Distributed systems: consensus-based quorum replication, NoSQL system implementation
You'll be joining a fantastic multinational team that was gathered by Silicon Valley veterans with 50 years of experience from Amazon, Twitch, D-Link, and Bebo. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance. You will begin by learning from the experiences of our current team. Our Lead Engineers and HR managers will assist you with the onboarding process and work with you every step of the way.
Financial Employee Incentives:
With the CERE token fueling our ecosystem, team members will get multiple financial incentives along the way. Together as a team, we work for one goal: 100 million blockchain users.
Multinational, High-Performance Team:
Join a highly multi-cultural team that is based all over the world. We have offices in San Francisco, New York, Amsterdam, Berlin, and several locations in Asia.
Be flexible in your work:
Morning person? Or a night owl? At Cere you can plan your work accordingly. Take control over your agenda and plan your work around your life, not the other way around.
Highly Skilled Team:
Ever wondered what is it like to work with a team full of Silicon Valley veterans? At Cere you get the opportunity to work with the brightest minds in the industry. Whether that's our crypto-savvy marketers, creative HR wizards, or amazing developers.
To perform at your highest level, you will need the right equipment. Cere has multiple policies to make your WFH office a paradise, or pimp up your desk in one of our offices. You decide.
In the ever-changing world that is blockchain, we need our employees to stay up-to-date with the latest developments. Cere helps you out with multiple deep dives, presentations, trips, and other events to increase your knowledge.